Album  

Hood bouncing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killerbee4649

The GT Killer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Hood bouncing Reply with quote

Hey guys, it’s been a while since my last post. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I’m going down the road my hood acts like it’s going to come off. It bounces up and down and I don’t remember that happening on my stock hood. That being said, my current hood is an OEM SRT10 hood, so I don’t think it’s the hood that is causing the issue.
Any help would be great! Thanks! Happy Holidays everyone!
MelloYellow2675

Where there's one, there's sure to BEE more

Gallery pictures: 49
MelloYellow2675's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 440 Six pack hood on my Bee (when I had my Bee) and I had hood hop as well especially when doing 70mph+ on a breezy day. I never got to this point before selling my Bee but Hood Pins may resolve that issue.
John Varvatos Edition #1483/2000

--------------------------------------
Trey
zuke
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 27
zuke's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check side to side on the hood to make sure all the gaps are even and straight, If not, adjust the hinges to make sure they are.

Once everything is straight, see if you can lift up on the center of the hood/grille without releasing it, and if there is any upward motion, tighten the latch.

Then see if you can push down on either the left or right side of the hood when it's closed and have it close up the gap, if there is, there are two bump stops along the radiator support that can be adjust to tighten that up.

Even after all that you might still see some flutter though, Chrysler doesn't have the tightest body fit tolerances Smile

2005 "Second Swarm" #0857 *Traded in 2015*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: