Album  

Programmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Programmer Reply with quote

Hey guys so I saved up and am finally getting my engine rebuit and have a little extra so I wanted to get the truck running a little better so I was wondering what you guys suggest for programmers/chips. I was looking at the Diablo Trinity but not sure if that's the best.
Thanks
Djmwell
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you got the thread I jsut sent. Wanted to send a pic of 3850 that can show you what kind of power she had. If it works that a mag. glass and look at the wrinkled rear wheels. the second to last year, the rims spun in the rubber 8 inches, honest. We marked it off and it was 8 inches. But wheel locks on only to have the last year I raced have the slicks break lose. Darn.

IMG_8496w3850 launch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.34 KB
 Viewed:  481 Time(s)

IMG_8496w3850 launch.jpg

Don........Beecuz / #3850
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing threads is getting really old. I had a bit more info on 3850 and why you might want to get a tuner. But it didn't make it to this thread and I have no clue where it went. Happened to me last night also. I do all that talking and then I am supposed to start over. Can't do that. heck I don't even remember what I did an hour ago to say nothing about what I just said. Not fun however and i don't even know why it is happening to make it stop doing that but it is getting old. Bottom line was yes, tuners can make a big difference in how your Bee performs. Not sure if you have to program what you are thinking of getting, but what I had needed to be set up for what I had with 3850. Had three tunes in the tuner. Stock, racing NA and with Nitrous. A guy on here wanted t run against me, but I was supposed to take the nitrous out. Heck what he failed to realize I had heads, cam, CAI, electric fan, electric water pump 160 Thermo and shaker hood input. Other things also, like a stage two tranny, true duals, long tube headers with dual electric cutouts. He had none of that so the outcome would've been the same without nitrous. But I had a tune for all three ways to run and each one was a different ride for what I was using in that tune. Got beat by a lightening only beecuzx I couldn't get my slicks on as the jack sunk into the ground faster than I could pump up the truck to change into slicks. I hit the wall once with out slicks and juice. I ran three runs of 14.00 and he beat me three times. Never, never if I ran the nitrous tune. For sure.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maxwell. Didn't realize it was you until right now. How are the mirrors working out. Hope everything I sent is working out for you. It does seem no one cares if you get a tuner or not. Just do not remember what I had but I may be able to find the fellow that programmed it for me. He had Chrysler products but I don't believe it was a bee, but he sure knew the Hemi engine. I gave my tuner to the dealer and tried real hard to explain to him how it works but I don't think he gave a darn. That is to bad for the guy that bought my Bee. He will not be able to use nitrous without the tune for it, no matter what he tries. Sucks that the dealer didn't care. I did but I never did learn who bought it or I would've gladly helped him. It was a Chicago dealer and sold mostly toys and some really great cars. But he wanted the bee real bad, but the bad part I wanted the vette he had real bad also. Hope you get a tuner, they really do give you performance. I see there is one I get emails on that is coming out for my Ram and they said they will tell me when it is available. Can't even remember the name for that but they do make them for your Bee.
djmwell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mirrors are working out absolutely amazingly I get complements all the time about them. Same as the headlight covers . I think I'm just going to get the Trinity everyone speeks highly of it plus with the digital dash you can really see what's going on with your truck
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxwell you are on top of it as usual. Good choice and having used one you will not regret it. Not sure how it is programmed, if my factory or if you need someone to make up programs but hope it works for what you want. Mine didn't until I was lucky enough to know someone that knew just what Chrysler was doing with their computer. I actually sent my puter to a Chrysler center and had mine updated for racing also. they took mine as a core and gave me a revised one. Not free of course but it was worth it. Did so many htings to get just a few extra ponies. Like a beach, just a bunch of little bitty stones but all together they make miles of beach. Back in those days you couldn't dyno with nitrous but I understand you can now. Figured conservatively that I was at 580 at rear wheels. I know it was quicker than the vette when I first had the vette. But not as the final version of the vette with it's after market cam and nitrous, long tube headers and Z06 exhaust from the headers back to the NPP setup. also had BBK CAI, but no tuner. Would've if I had kept it but wanted a Ram again.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxwell you are on top of it as usual. Good choice and having used one you will not regret it. Not sure how it is programmed, if my factory or if you need someone to make up programs but hope it works for what you want. Mine didn't until I was lucky enough to know someone that knew just what Chrysler was doing with their computer. I actually sent my puter to a Chrysler center and had mine updated for racing also. they took mine as a core and gave me a revised one. Not free of course but it was worth it. Did so many htings to get just a few extra ponies. Like a beach, just a bunch of little bitty stones but all together they make miles of beach. Back in those days you couldn't dyno with nitrous but I understand you can now. Figured conservatively that I was at 580 at rear wheels. I know it was quicker than the vette when I first had the vette. But not as the final version of the vette with it's after market cam and nitrous, long tube headers and Z06 exhaust from the headers back to the NPP setup. also had BBK CAI, but no tuner. Would've if I had kept it but wanted a Ram again.
djmwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it just make more sense to get a new performance ECU and just get a engine monitor? If so does anyone know where to get a ECU like that?
Thanks
Djmwell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Upcoming Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: