Album  

Crysler cutting Hemi Production
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Rumble Bee General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilotbear
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 26
pilotbear's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickDS650 wrote:
Yea if they r throwin the HEMI in new cars and suv's i dont see them goin anywhere. And we dont really need much more help to make our trucks go up in value any more, they r already kick a$$!!!! Far as gas mileage, a truck is a truck and thats why u buy it, gas mileage is a the bottom of the "important stuff" list lol, if its at the top, get a car. Someone is just stirrin the pot id say

it's not a matter of "that's why you buy a truck." it's just that too many car companies keep producing way too many cars that consume too much gas. cutting back production would be good for all of us. increasing value in those of us who have the HEMI and decreasing the amount of gas-guzzling cars on the road. Smile

TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many hemis have the produced to date?

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Meengreen5.2
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 21
Meengreen5.2's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BackIn73 wrote:
You can't say they are cutting it due to fuel economy, heck we get just as good as fuel mileage as any other full size V-8 truck platform.

Well not any truck, there is Worse... Titan!

germ

daystar coil spacers
flowmaster muffler
magnaflow high flow y pipe and cat
52mm tb
spectre intake
2010 ram 1500 hemi
2013-16 front end swap
4"rear coil swap
superchips 3865
k&n intake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Meengreen5.2
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 21
Meengreen5.2's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the MDS idea actually ruined Hemi sales?

germ

daystar coil spacers
flowmaster muffler
magnaflow high flow y pipe and cat
52mm tb
spectre intake
2010 ram 1500 hemi
2013-16 front end swap
4"rear coil swap
superchips 3865
k&n intake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
INTENSE
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 13
INTENSE's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regsmizer45 wrote:
I hope they do...it'll make the $ of our trucks go UP!

Yep definitely agree with that. Also think if they stay away from making future Rumble Bees, Daytona's too, that will make the value of our bee's and daytona's that much better years down the road. Eliminating hemi's, rumble bee's, and daytona from production all together, I just dont see it happening either. Maybe miss a few years and come back with it, but permanently, I just dont see it happening. Guess nobody really knows till It happens I guess.

CHRIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Apache
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 112
Apache's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't mind if they stopped...i would just hope they would still keep makin' mods..and would wish someone could crack this nazis computer

MOD LIST-
22" Sendel S12 Chrome rims
305/40-R22 Toyo Proxes STS tires
SIDEPIPES!!!! (No longer functional :'( )
QUICK CHANGE EXHAUST (Force,Stright,Glasspack,Turbo Summit,Reso)
18" GLASSPACK DUMPED!!!
Tint
Tonnaeu Cover
Bed Stripe
Honeycombe Grille

Want List-
Two Tone Leather
Hitch
6-PACK hood
SOLAR YELLOW
2004 RUMBLE BEE: #3359
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets be serious guys. every consumer report rates american vehicles as having poor fuel economy as a "con" so to make these consumer guide guys happy, we should ditch everything that has fuel economy as a "con" and be more like that japanese! where every single product of theirs is rated perfectly in most categories. Confused

to me, "poor" fuel economy = a more exciting driving experience.

i doubt they are gonna be killing production of the hemi after only 3 years especially when the name is such a big marketing hit. if they ARE cutting produciton levels, its probably to make way for the next gen motor thats gonna blow the new generation of competition out of the water.

rumors are fun and all, but i think the manufacturers start their own rumors to guagae the publics reaction to help make decisions

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Koby
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 45
Koby's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daytona#1680 wrote:
semo03hemiram wrote:
Quote:
You can get good performace mods for them smokers unlike the HEMI

Hmm, guess you have been asleep? There are tons of performance mods out there for the Hemi. Just got to know who to ask and where to look.

I thought he said good performance mods, not 1/2 a$$ed performance mods? spend $5,000 on a hemi and $2,000 on a diesel and see who comes out on top, id bet the hemi wouldnt come close Wink

Asleep? Yup! As my friends Diesel passed me. BTW he did not have to know who to ask and where to search! Laughing

GoManGo! 05 - Daytona QC 4x4 #2365

www.daytonatruckclub.com
www.daytonachargers.org
semo03hemiram
Approved Vendor

Gallery pictures: 26
semo03hemiram's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought he said good performance mods, not 1/2 a$$ed performance mods? spend $5,000 on a hemi and $2,000 on a diesel and see who comes out on top, id bet the hemi wouldnt come close

I disagree. You can do a lot on a Hemi for less than $5000, and make plenty of power. Diesels are designed to make torque for pulling. Gas engines are designed to make horsepower. There is a difference. If you want to make a gas engine make more torque, you can do it, you just have to do it the right way. I am making almost 300 rwtq which is good for a Hemi. That said, the factory cummins makes that much stock, if not more! So you have more torque to start with. Now go back and check the price of a Cummins versus the price of a Hemi. Quite a bit of difference in intial prices.

Shop: 573-258-9999

2003 Custom painted Dodge Ram Quad Cab 2wd, Airbagged and Lambod Very Happy
2013 RAM Longhorn
2004 Yellow Bee #1414
2005 Go Mango Daytona #0900
1978 Lil Red Express
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ND RAM

Deactivated

Gallery pictures: 140
ND RAM's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semo03hemiram wrote:
Quote:
I thought he said good performance mods, not 1/2 a$$ed performance mods? spend $5,000 on a hemi and $2,000 on a diesel and see who comes out on top, id bet the hemi wouldnt come close

I disagree. You can do a lot on a Hemi for less than $5000, and make plenty of power. Diesels are designed to make torque for pulling. Gas engines are designed to make horsepower. There is a difference. If you want to make a gas engine make more torque, you can do it, you just have to do it the right way. I am making almost 300 rwtq which is good for a Hemi. That said, the factory cummins makes that much stock, if not more! So you have more torque to start with. Now go back and check the price of a Cummins versus the price of a Hemi. Quite a bit of difference in intial prices.

They're both great engines but are designed for two totally different reasons. The Cummins is also forced induction so you have to take that into account too.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9f4bdfca-1364-4741-85fa-98b1012e3a5d.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/2a207f15-ac3f-4670-b8f4-98b1012ddcc2.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
70stroker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Hemi Production will NOT go down! Reply with quote

Don't believe the "decreased production" rumor for the Hemi. More Hemis are planned at least through 2009 and the HP is going up! 400 or more hp even in the Ram. The Challenger will have 425hp with the 6.1L Hemi and the MDS is the savior of the V-8 engine for the future.

A new Cummings is on the horizon and it will cost you more than a comparable Hemi Ram but the Hemi is here to stay.
Check it out on Allpar.com: http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html

Allpar has the scoop on all MoPar lines!

ND RAM

Deactivated

Gallery pictures: 140
ND RAM's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hemi Production will NOT go down! Reply with quote

70stroker wrote:
Don't believe the "decreased production" rumor for the Hemi. More Hemis are planned at least through 2009 and the HP is going up! 400 or more hp even in the Ram. The Challenger will have 425hp with the 6.1L Hemi and the MDS is the savior of the V-8 engine for the future.

A new Cummings is on the horizon and it will cost you more than a comparable Hemi Ram but the Hemi is here to stay.
Check it out on Allpar.com: http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html

Allpar has the scoop on all MoPar lines!

Wink

http://www.rumblebee.org/viewtopic.php?t=19182

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9f4bdfca-1364-4741-85fa-98b1012e3a5d.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/2a207f15-ac3f-4670-b8f4-98b1012ddcc2.htm
HemiSport
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 63
HemiSport's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now what. Mexicans will bee on the Unemployment line In Mexico? I think DC should stop putting the HEMI is every thing thy have. JMO...

Buy American or Flip Burgers.

2009 Dodge Ram Sport Crew Cab 2x4
Sunburst Orange Pearl Coat. RER Nav unit.
Born on Date 10-2008

Roger Smith
~ SublimeGTX ~
1955 - 2010
R I P my friend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Rumble Bee General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: