Album  

2005 Daytona production numbers updated...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Daytona General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daytona #1254
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 28
Daytona #1254's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytona Production Numbers Reply with quote

70stroker wrote:
Don't everyone get spun up on the numbers from DC. They have not put forth any effort to get the correct numbers out there. I have tracked Daytonas on eBay for months and can tell you this. After putting every VIN and Daytona dash plaque number I could verify into a spreadsheet and sorting by VIN, the following can be said:
1. 99% of the 11074 (Source for 11074 is the Daytona Truck Club Registry at http://www.daytonatruckclub.com/Daytona%20Registry.htm) are in matching dash plaque number and VIN sequence.
2. Several dash plaque nubmers are out of production sequence and the reason may be simple... the dash plaques may have been placed on the dash with the trucks sitting in "batches" on the yard rather than on the assembly line.
3. The only way we can solve this puzzle is to contact the assembly line workers at the plant in Fenton, Missouri (SW of Saint Louis).

I am currently in the Army in Iraq but just moved to Saint Louis in June to within minutes of Fenton. The Local UAW sent my unit a care package and here is the information if someone wishes to contact them for specific information from the source.

We could easily gather information not only on production numbers but on how these trucks were processed and "badged" with the dash plaques.
These are good guys and surely would help our efforts.

Now go ahead and get `er done!

Hey, I'm a one percenter! Haha. There's nothing in my vin anywhere close to my truck number.

2005 Daytona Reg Cab
#1254 GoManGo!
Slammed1 2/4 drop w/nitro drop shocks
22x10 OEM Mopar SRT-10 Wheels w/305-40 Falkens
Superchips Flashpaq
Access Lorado Tonneau Cover
Air Ram Jet Stream Scoop
K&N Drop In Filter
Royal Purple Oil
Katzkin Leather
Daytona Floormats
Honeycomb Grill
SRT Hood Insert
Taylor Shortie 8.2mm Wires
Line of Fire & Ice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
akramtona

Farthest North Chevy Killer

Gallery pictures: 19
akramtona's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah theres five up here including mine. Actually I just saw number five yesterday. A mango qc.There are no mango rc's. And the other mango qc was de-winged. I guess it is possible that they put the wing back on and there is really only four. Very Happy
05 Tona' QC 4x4 Silver #2463
Interior Mods-Hotbox enclosure,10" Infinity Kappa Perfect,Infinity Kappa 3way 6x9's up front,6.5's in the back,powered by 6 channel Infinity amp,Fed by Sanyo 7" touchscreen DVD, mopar floormats,20% tint all the way around,autostart/alarm system.
Exterior Mods-Debadged,Dewinged,Lt Sport Tonneau,SRT-10 replica 22x10's with 305/40/22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero's,Silverstar heads and fogs.
Performance Mods-Superchips 3815,Airram intake,scoop and power wire,QTP cutout.
joePA
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 30
joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general: I had mentioned on another thread (something about old-school) that one of the things with the goofy wings is that, from a distance, they do look more old school.
I guess the decal angle and the wing give the illusion of the back end being more jacked up than it really is. The stance is the same as the stock 1500 RAM, just looks lower in the front and higher in the back.
Folks started that long before the factories did it in the '70's.

And yeah, the quads are slower, but get a person spoiled quick. Can still haul the food and junk when shopping in crummy weather without having to put a cap on the bed. Plus, no reason to have to go crawling to the far corners of the bed to get the junk rolling around. My second quad and I still like them.

And, Ya ain't gonna hurt my feelings, cuz I got none!

2009 Ram Sport ~ Quad ~ 4x4 ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ Loaded ~ Thunderstruck

3.92~32 gal~Adj Pedals~RER Nav unit~Moonroof~A/R Assault Wheels~20% Front Tint~BedRug~Borla~OEM Nerf Bars~Every Group Known To Mankind
Previous Rams: '96 RCLB 4X4 ~ '02 QC 4X4 ~ '05 Daytona QC 4X4

2011 CTS for oldwhatshername

Freedom is Never Free
joePA
Seasoned Veteran

joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytona Production Numbers Reply with quote

70stroker wrote:
3. The only way we can solve this puzzle is to contact the assembly line workers at the plant in Fenton, Missouri (SW of Saint Louis).

I am currently in the Army in Iraq but just moved to Saint Louis in June to within minutes of Fenton. The Local UAW sent my unit a care package and here is the information if someone wishes to contact them for specific information from the source.

We could easily gather information not only on production numbers but on how these trucks were processed and "badged" with the dash plaques.
These are good guys and surely would help our efforts.

Now go ahead and get `er done!

Hey Jeff, good to hear from you.
I told Koby that I was running out of options. I had one more avenue to exlplore. Now you have given me another shot. I've been busy as hell lately, but will try to persue this tack soon. Thanks for the info, and stay safe Bro.

2009 Ram Sport ~ Quad ~ 4x4 ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ Loaded ~ Thunderstruck

3.92~32 gal~Adj Pedals~RER Nav unit~Moonroof~A/R Assault Wheels~20% Front Tint~BedRug~Borla~OEM Nerf Bars~Every Group Known To Mankind

Freedom is Never Free
Koby
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 45
Koby's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come back from vacation to find all this good chatting that I missed. Embarassed

Thanks guys for all your help with this Daytona # stuff!
I am glad to see others pitch in Cool and care about our truck #'s

GoManGo! 05 - Daytona QC 4x4 #2365

www.daytonatruckclub.com
www.daytonachargers.org
70stroker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Confusion over Dash Number vs. VIN Sequence Reply with quote

I never said the VIN matched the Dash plaque number. I only said that 99 % of the Dash plaque numbers followed along with the numerical VIN sequence.

They likely built the trucks on the line, parked them in batches on the lot, and sent a guy out with a stack of Dash plaque numbers to stick them on.
Maybe he didn't check the VINs to keep them all in perfect numerical order. He just put them on the dash. Most followed the "higher VIN = a higher Dash Plaque number" but a few are not "in sequence".

I hope this explains it better. Only the Fenton Assembly Plant workers know for sure. The sooner someone contacts them, the better.

I would do it but I am in Baghdad. Later this year I will be in Saint Louis (moved there in June) and I can call up the UAW guys there to get the info and maybe a tour of the plant.

SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

Gallery pictures: 26
SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Confusion over Dash Number vs. VIN Sequence Reply with quote

70stroker wrote:
I would do it but I am in Baghdad.

This is completely off-topic, but I just wanted to say that while I don't personally agree with the reasons behind the war, I understand why we're there now and I truly appreciate you and your guys being there. Serving the country is not for everyone, but I am eternally grateful for those who do.

Wayne
joePA
Seasoned Veteran

joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Confusion over Dash Number vs. VIN Sequence Reply with quote

70stroker wrote:

I hope this explains it better. Only the Fenton Assembly Plant workers know for sure. The sooner someone contacts them, the better.

I would do it but I am in Baghdad. Later this year I will be in Saint Louis (moved there in June) and I can call up the UAW guys there to get the info and maybe a tour of the plant.

Jeff, Koby etal...
I tried to contact the local 136 guys this afternoon (late). Jerry was gone for the day and Mike is in Detroit.
Next week I'm graveyard shift again so I'll pursue it further during the day. Thanks Jeff for the contact info. Perhaps we can get better answers from the union gang.
Stay safe y'all.

Freedom is Never Free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Daytona General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: