Album  

2005 Daytona production numbers updated...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Daytona General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd157k
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 8
Todd157k's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only REAL Daytona, would have been the one where they put the 6.1 hemi in it. The old "hemi" cars held their value because they were special. That meant cosmetically, handling, as well as a massive motor. After all, where would the SRT10 be.. without the motor?
Now, excuse me while I go doctor up my bruises. LOL.

2004 Infiniti G35
1999 SLK230
Koby
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 45
Koby's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemi Bee #163 wrote:
Well they'll wind up like the bees...........long as DC has a sale for them, they'll make 'em.........we can promise ya that one. The latest edition looks good, but has kinda fell on its face. I saw a night runner srt10 sitting up in Annapolis MD at the dealership last week........still setting there!

Robin - Are they still making thim? Do you know something we don't?

As far as I know there will be no 2006 Daytonas and even if there are they will have the UGLY NOSE!

For now we know that there are less Daytona RC Mango or Silver than 04-05 RC Black or Yellow Bees. Cool You still may be able to trade in your Bee!

GoManGo! 05 - Daytona QC 4x4 #2365

www.daytonatruckclub.com
www.daytonachargers.org
daytona#1680
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 47
daytona#1680's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koby wrote:
Hemi Bee #163 wrote:
Well they'll wind up like the bees...........long as DC has a sale for them, they'll make 'em.........we can promise ya that one. The latest edition looks good, but has kinda fell on its face. I saw a night runner srt10 sitting up in Annapolis MD at the dealership last week........still setting there!

Robin - Are they still making thim? Do you know something we don't?

As far as I know there will be no 2006 Daytonas and even if there are they will have the UGLY NOSE!

For now we know that there are less Daytona RC Mango or Silver than 04-05 RC Black or Yellow Bees. Cool You still may be able to trade in your Bee!

i think he meant the night runner which is the special edition truck for this year, not the daytona Smile

Boycott The People Cryin' About The TOTM

http://www.myspace.com/9004624
SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

Gallery pictures: 26
SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

dakotasport94 wrote:
here it is 2005 Daytonas:
I just got off the phone with DC and this was just updated and accurate as of yeasterday morning...7/24/2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wandered over here from one of the other forums at the pointer of another site member, and I really appreciate seeing their numbers. Curiousity was killing me, and no amount of google searching helped me find them.

As a note of introduction, I'm from Huntsville AL, where I've noticed *5* other Daytonas in the last two weeks, three orange, two silver, mostly 2 door. Mine's a regular cab, 2wd and I plan to keep her shining like a new quarter "forever".

I picked it up on the 6th of August and the only thing I've done to it so far was to install an RB1 Navigation system (a promise to myself that "the next car I get *would* have a nav system) and Peripheral iPod adapter. Well, I had to buy the iPod too, but that doesn't count, right?

Anyway, this looks like a great forum (exactly what I was looking for), so while I'm a Daytona guy and not a rumblebee (strangely, I've only seen one of those in town) hopefully no one will mind if I stick around for a while?

Oh, yeah, and if you're one of the other four Daytona pilots from Huntsville, say "hi" please? Smile

Wayne
joePA
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 30
joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wayne, welcome. Lots of good information here. Much transferable from Bees to Tonas. Basically same platform(s) except for Quad cabs.

2009 Ram Sport ~ Quad ~ 4x4 ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ Loaded ~ Thunderstruck

3.92~32 gal~Adj Pedals~RER Nav unit~Moonroof~A/R Assault Wheels~20% Front Tint~BedRug~Borla~OEM Nerf Bars~Every Group Known To Mankind
Previous Rams: '96 RCLB 4X4 ~ '02 QC 4X4 ~ '05 Daytona QC 4X4

2011 CTS for oldwhatshername

Freedom is Never Free
SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joePA wrote:
Hey Wayne, welcome. Lots of good information here. Much transferable from Bees to Tonas. Basically same platform(s) except for Quad cabs.

Thanks for the welcome. As for me -- with certainly no offence intended to any of my fellow Daytona pilots -- I've personally never been a quad fan. Men are men. Trucks are trucks. I started to make a really lame joke about occassionally seeing some men in high heels and some trucks with four doors, but I thought better of it.

Simply suffice to say that "I'm an old fart with a new hot rod built in the old-school kinda way".

Nope. Too long..

How about "Paint schemes may come and go but HEMI is eternal".

Yeah, I like that. Too bad I can't put it on a license plate. Hmmm. Hemi... Eternal... Hemigod would fit nicely on a license plate...

Oh, and did I mention that I tend to ramble when I'm having fun?? (lol) It's just nice to meet others who share my newfound enthusiasm for the color orange.

Wayne
SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

dakotasport94 wrote:

TOTAL...................8697

Forgive the question, but I was just on e-bay looking for new goodies when I noticed at least two Daytonas with serial numbers over 10,000.

Anyone know how exactly the numbering scheme worked if there are only 8700 of them?

Wayne
daytona#1680
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 47
daytona#1680's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

SegWayne wrote:
dakotasport94 wrote:

TOTAL...................8697

Forgive the question, but I was just on e-bay looking for new goodies when I noticed at least two Daytonas with serial numbers over 10,000.

Anyone know how exactly the numbering scheme worked if there are only 8700 of them?

Wayne

dodge isnt exactly truthful when they give out #'s Wink

Boycott The People Cryin' About The TOTM

http://www.myspace.com/9004624
SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

daytona#1680 wrote:
Well *that* sucks... I'm still holding out hope, but I was hoping the 8700 number was correct, as mine's #8313 and would have fallen near the end of that chain.

You would think that Dodge would come out better and make the trucks worth more by demonstrating exactly how rare some of the "limited editions" are. Make them coveted. After all the more people fighting over them, the more people driving one, the more Mopar fans they have, the more new cars they sell (eventually).

Wayne
Hemi Bee #163
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 23
Hemi Bee #163's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't believe what DC says on production numbers..........I have e-mails from DC customer service saying that there was only 3701 rumble bees made. Even in the old years they lied about production numbers.

2004 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee #163

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE

1987 Buick Grand National Turbo, almost bone stock, honestly.

1986 Shelby Charger Turbo All Stock except cosmetic upgrades

1986 Shelby Charger TII Project in the making, screw a T-I, this will be a sleeper/monster as well, looking for 11s again, just can't live without "spooling" my way around! Thank God for FWD Perf and Cliff Ramsdell!
joePA
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 30
joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

SegWayne wrote:
daytona#1680 wrote:
Well *that* sucks... I'm still holding out hope, but I was hoping the 8700 number was correct, as mine's #8313 and would have fallen near the end of that chain.

You would think that Dodge would come out better and make the trucks worth more by demonstrating exactly how rare some of the "limited editions" are. Make them coveted. After all the more people fighting over them, the more people driving one, the more Mopar fans they have, the more new cars they sell (eventually).

Wayne

Now you are getting the drift of the problem. There is also another thread or two on here about the numbering SNAFU.
I also have a voice message on my cell that I must transcribe and post one of these days that alludes to the same thing (from a DC rep).

P.S. I drive a Quad cab. If you make any jokes about that I will put on my spike heels and puncture your tires.

2009 Ram Sport ~ Quad ~ 4x4 ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ Loaded ~ Thunderstruck

3.92~32 gal~Adj Pedals~RER Nav unit~Moonroof~A/R Assault Wheels~20% Front Tint~BedRug~Borla~OEM Nerf Bars~Every Group Known To Mankind
Previous Rams: '96 RCLB 4X4 ~ '02 QC 4X4 ~ '05 Daytona QC 4X4

2011 CTS for oldwhatshername

Freedom is Never Free
akramtona

Farthest North Chevy Killer

Gallery pictures: 19
akramtona's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personnaly think the quads look better with the wing and no drop. The standard cab makes the wing look bigger than it really is. But both with a drop make the wing look just right. Besides I can carry more high heels in mine. Very Happy
05 Tona' QC 4x4 Silver #2463
Interior Mods-Hotbox enclosure,10" Infinity Kappa Perfect,Infinity Kappa 3way 6x9's up front,6.5's in the back,powered by 6 channel Infinity amp,Fed by Sanyo 7" touchscreen DVD, mopar floormats,20% tint all the way around,autostart/alarm system.
Exterior Mods-Debadged,Dewinged,Lt Sport Tonneau,SRT-10 replica 22x10's with 305/40/22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero's,Silverstar heads and fogs.
Performance Mods-Superchips 3815,Airram intake,scoop and power wire,QTP cutout.
70stroker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Daytona Production Numbers Reply with quote

Don't everyone get spun up on the numbers from DC. They have not put forth any effort to get the correct numbers out there. I have tracked Daytonas on eBay for months and can tell you this. After putting every VIN and Daytona dash plaque number I could verify into a spreadsheet and sorting by VIN, the following can be said:
1. 99% of the 11074 (Source for 11074 is the Daytona Truck Club Registry at http://www.daytonatruckclub.com/Daytona%20Registry.htm) are in matching dash plaque number and VIN sequence.
2. Several dash plaque nubmers are out of production sequence and the reason may be simple... the dash plaques may have been placed on the dash with the trucks sitting in "batches" on the yard rather than on the assembly line.
3. The only way we can solve this puzzle is to contact the assembly line workers at the plant in Fenton, Missouri (SW of Saint Louis).

I am currently in the Army in Iraq but just moved to Saint Louis in June to within minutes of Fenton. The Local UAW sent my unit a care package and here is the information if someone wishes to contact them for specific information from the source.

We could easily gather information not only on production numbers but on how these trucks were processed and "badged" with the dash plaques.
These are good guys and surely would help our efforts.

Now go ahead and get `er done!

FENTON UAW DODGE PLANT.jpg
 Description:
FENTON, MISSOURI UAW for DODGE RAM PLANT

Download
 Filename:  FENTON UAW DODGE PLANT.jpg
 Filesize:  56.04 KB
 Downloaded:  125 Time(s)

SegWayne

Daytona Pilot #8313

SegWayne's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 Daytona production numbers updated... Reply with quote

joePA wrote:
P.S. I drive a Quad cab. If you make any jokes about that I will put on my spike heels and puncture your tires.

Hey, ummm. I, ummm. I did throw in several disclaimers, such as "personally", and "I'm an old fart" (lol). Old enough I should say to vividly remember and enjoy the Rocky Horror Picture Show on a regular basis...

Smile

Besides, even if you forget how much these tires cost, do you KNOW how difficult it would be to hit a low profile tire with a spiked heel? These ain't 70 series tires ya know.. Smile

Seriously, what astounds me is that I've owned my Tona since the 6th of August. In that time, I've seen no less than five others in town (where I had noticed none before) but have only seen one, single Bee. I would have thought, or imagined it to be the other way round.

Oh, I forgot to mention the funniest part. The day I bought mine, I stopped by my dad's house on the way home. Several comments were made about "ya wanna trade?" (his was a 2500 4wd diesel. The answer was obviously "ummm. no") On the 9th, I get a call from my dad, who had gone out on his own, and bought one identical to mine from another dealer. Now we have "twins".

http://flickr.com/photos/segwayne/sets/72157594229221975/

Wayne
mangodaytona
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 83
mangodaytona's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I personnaly think the quads look better with the wing and no drop. The standard cab makes the wing look bigger than it really is. But both with a drop make the wing look just right. Besides I can carry more high heels in mine. Very Happy

i was just thinking the same thing yesterday, no that my wing has been off for over a week the truck looks shorter or something.......... maybe its just my 41 yr old eyes........................ Confused

66 Charger 1993-Present
95 Neon Expresso 1995-97
98 Neon Expresso 1997-08
88 Omni 1999-01
91 Dakota 2001-03
95 Ram 4X4 2003-04
04 Concorde LXI 2004-05
05 Daytona #6226 2005-07
00 Ranger 2007-Present
07 G35 2007-2008
04 Concorde LXI 2008-2014
05 Ram SRT10 Yellow Fever 2014-Present
15 Fit 2015-Present
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Daytona General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: